How to Add a New Column to a Table Using JDBC API?
Java has its own API which JDBC API which uses JDBC drivers for database connections. JDBC API provides the applications-to-JDBC connection and JDBC driver provides a manager-to-driver connection.
Following are the 5 important steps to connect the java application to our database using JDBC.
- Registering the Java class
- Creating a connection
- Creating a statement
- Executing queries
- Closing connection
Note: Load mysqlconnector.jar into your program.
- Download MySQLConnect/J (JDBC connector jar file) from the following link https://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j
- Select platform-independent in select OS option
- Copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar file in your project
- Right-click on it, select Build Path ⇾ Configure Build path ⇾ libraries ⇾ Add JARS
- In JAR selection window, select mysql-connector-java-5.1.34-bin.jar library under your project
- Click OK
Create a Database, add a table with records using MySQL cmd.