Creating Hyperlink on a Slide in a PPT using Java
Apache POI is a powerful API that enables the user to create, manipulate, and display various file formats based on Microsoft Office using Java programs. Using POI, one should be able to perform create, modify, and display/read operations on the following file formats. For Example, Java doesn’t provide built-in support for working with Presentation files, so we need to look for open-source APIs for the job.
It is an open-source library developed and distributed by Apache Software Foundation to design or modify Microsoft Office files using Java program. It contains classes and methods to decode the user input data or a file into MS Office documents.
Apache POI Architecture
Apache POI consists of various components that make an architecture to form a working system:
POIFS (Poor Obfuscation Implementation File System) − This component is the basic factor of all other POI elements. It is used to read different files explicitly.
- HSSF (Horrible Spreadsheet Format) − It is used to read and write xls format of MS-Excel files.
- XSSF (XML Spreadsheet Format) − It is used for xlsx file format of MS-Excel.
- HPSF (Horrible Property Set Format) − It is used to extract property sets of the MS-Office files.
- HWPF (Horrible Word Processor Format) − It is used to read and write doc extension files of MS-Word.
- XWPF (XML Word Processor Format) − It is used to read and write Docx extension files of MS-Word.
- HSLF (Horrible Slide Layout Format) − It is used to read, create, and edit PowerPoint presentations.
- HDGF (Horrible DiaGram Format) − It contains classes and methods for MS-Vision binary files.
- HPBF (Horrible PuBlisher Format) − It is used to read and write MS-Publisher files.
Please Login to comment...