IntStream reduce(int identity, IntBinaryOperator op) performs a reduction on the elements of this stream, using the provided identity value and an associative accumulation function, and returns the reduced value.
A reduction operation or fold takes a sequence of input elements and combines them into a single summary result, such as finding the sum or maximum of a set of numbers. An operator or function op is associative if the following holds :
(a op b) op c == a op (b op c)
This is a terminal operation i.e, it may traverse the stream to produce a result or a side-effect. After the terminal operation is performed, the stream pipeline is considered consumed, and can no longer be used.
int reduce(int identity, IntBinaryOperator op)
- identity : The identity value for the accumulating function.
- IntBinaryOperator : An operation upon two int-valued operands and producing an int-valued result.
- op : An associative, stateless function for combining two values.
Return Value : The result of the reduction.
Example 1 :
Example 2 :
- IntStream reduce(IntBinaryOperator op) in Java with Examples
- Java.util.function.IntBinaryOperator interface with Examples
- IntStream min() in Java with Examples
- IntStream max() in Java with examples
- LongStream reduce(long identity, LongBinaryOperator op) in Java with Examples
- DoubleStream reduce(double identity, DoubleBinaryOperator op) in Java with Examples
- IntStream average() in Java with Examples
- IntStream count() in Java with examples
- IntStream noneMatch() in Java with examples
- IntStream peek() in Java with examples
- IntStream allMatch() in Java with examples
- IntStream anyMatch() in Java with examples
- IntStream empty() in Java with examples
- IntStream toArray() in Java with Examples
- IntStream distinct() in Java with examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.