FoxPro is programming language as well as it develops an application development environment. It is also Database Manager. It is also called Relational Database Management System because of its various features.
It has various different tools which helps in development and design of applications in very easy way. It also provides platform for new databases and to perform new tasks on that databases.
In earlier times, this language is used to be most powerful and most used language and database manager. But with the time, many new languages, database, programming and many softwares were developed. Nowadays, this language is not used much but still it is most powerful language and database management system.
It has various versions- DBASE I, DBASE II, DBASE III, DBASE III+, DBASE IV, FOXBASE, FOXBASE +, FOXPRO.
The version 2.5 of FoxPro and versions released after it is can be worked on Windows and DOS operating system. With Graphical User Interface, graphical forms can also be done on FoxPro.
Visual Foxpro, the successor to Foxpro programming, is often used for application development.
Features of FoxPro :
- It acts as Interactive Database Manager.
- It acts as programming language.
- It acts as Application Development Environment.
- Creating database
- Adding/Removing data from database.
- Editing existing data.
- Provides the object-oriented programming syntax.
- Visual Tools
- Supports multimedia database.
- No low-level programming can be done.
- Scalability of database.
- It has character mode only.
Data Types used in FoxPro :
- Character –
A-Z, a-z, or any arithmetic operation, maximum of 250 characters can be stored and default width for the same is 10.
- Number –
It is used to store numerical values, can store decimal values not exceeding 20.
- Float –
It is used to store floating values. Default width is 10.
- Date –
It is used to store the date. By default, its width is 10 characters.
- Logical –
It is used to store the Boolean Values like true/false and yes/no.
- Memo –
It is special type of data-type in which large amount of text, images, sound, audio, video etc can be stored. It is powerful data-type because when we store any data, it stores the data in different file, whose files extension is .fpt.
- General –
It has same characteristics as Memo and with that it can handle and store much larger data in word processing systems. The advantage of this data-type is we can increase the size and can store large amount of data.
- GIT | An Introduction to Github
- MongoDB : An introduction
- Beginning BootStrap (Part-1) | Introduction and Installation
- Introduction to Apache Maven | A build automation tool for Java projects
- Bloom Filters - Introduction and Python Implementation
- Introduction To Machine Learning using Python
- Introduction to Dimensionality Reduction
- Introduction to React Native
- Artificial Intelligence | An Introduction
- Introduction to TensorFlow
- Apache POI | Introduction
- Visual Cryptography | Introduction
- SAP | An Introduction
- Introduction to Convolution Neural Network
- An introduction to Machine Learning
- Introduction of Firewall in Computer Network
- Introduction to Fragments | Android
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) | An Introduction
- Introduction to Retofit 2 in android | Set 1
- Introduction to Web Scraping
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.