Implementation of Insertion Sort using STL functions.
The idea is to use std::upper_bound to find an element making the array unsorted. Then we can rotate the unsorted part so that it ends up sorted. We can traverse the array doing these operations and the result will be a sorted array.
The code is offline on purpose to show hard-coded and easy to understand code.
1 2 3 4 5 5 6 7
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Comparison among Bubble Sort, Selection Sort and Insertion Sort
- Insertion sort to sort even and odd positioned elements in different orders
- Insertion Sort
- C Program for Insertion Sort
- Binary Insertion Sort
- Recursive Insertion Sort
- C Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- C Program for Recursive Insertion Sort
- Insertion Sort by Swapping Elements
- An Insertion Sort time complexity question
- Python Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- Python Program for Recursive Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Recursive Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Binary Insertion Sort
- Insertion Sort for Doubly Linked List