Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is provided with a framework of best practices for delivering IT services. The ITIL is an appropriate method to management of IT service and also management can help businesses manage risk, strengthen customer relations, establish cost-effective practices, and build a stable IT environment that provides for growth, scale and change.
The Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)is used to standardize the selection process, planning, and delivery and also standardize the maintenance of IT services within a business. The goal of the ITIL is to improve efficiency and achieve predictable service delivery.
Some Basics Terminology of ITIL:
Some terminology of it services which are used. These are given below:
Service is defined as delivering value to customers without requiring the customer to own specific costs and risks.
- Service Management:
Service management is defined as a set of specialized capabilities for delivering value to customers in the form of services.
- Service Assets:
Service assets are defined as refers to the ‘resources’ and ‘capabilities’ which a Service Provider must allocate in order to offer a service.
The process is defined as structured sets of activities designed to achieve a specific objective. There are 4 basic characteristics of processes are:
- The process generally transforms inputs into outputs.
- It delivers results to a specific customer or stakeholder.
- The process is measurable.
- They are triggered by specific events.
Features of ITIL:
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) has the following features:
- It is the best practice framework for managing IT services.
- It is the only extensive, openly available guidance on IT.
- It consists of the codes of practice of IT services and infrastructure for quality management.
- It has its own definition for key terms.
- It is developed in 1980 by the United Kingdom’s Office of Government Commerce (OCG).
- ITIL is considered as a service provision.
- It defines quality with the evolving business needs and user requirements.
- It is an industry of products, services and organisations.
- It is designed to improve management of IT services.
- It is contributed over the world by skilled IT practitioners.
Benefits of ITIL:
There are many benefits of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) which are given below:
- It is generally supported organizations and individuals to gain optimal value from IT and digital services.
- It is inherently flawed perspective can lead to serious consequences.
- Best Practice provides a best framework for a common language and tools that power collaboration within IT teams, to deliver value across a business.
- It is the global standard in IT best practice and is used globally by millions of practitioners.
- It is a highly respected ITSM tool, utilized by IT and project management professionals the world over.
- The fact that it was community-driven ensured that AXELOS had invaluable insight to work with.
- PHP | Get PHP configuration information using phpinfo()
- Characteristics of data in geographical information system (GIS)
- Difference between Information and Data
- Web Information Retrieval | Vector Space Model
- Constraints in geographical information system (GIS)
- Geographical information system (GIS) and its Components
- Difference between Management Information System (MIS) and Decision Support System (DSS)
- Management Information System (MIS)
- Management Information System (MIS) Models
- Difference between Information and Knowledge
- Introduction to Blockchain technology | Set 1
- Introduction to Blockchain technology | Set 2
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Various kinds of Aspect Ratios
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : ashushrma378