Important Points to Know About Java and Swift
Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language and computing platform which was first developed by Sun Micro System in the year 1995. It was developed by James Gosling. It was designed to build web and desktop applications and have lesser implementation dependencies. It is a computing platform for application development also. Java is fast, secure, and reliable, therefore. It is extensively practiced for producing Java applications for laptops, desktops, mobiles, etc.
Some of the prominent organizations which practice the Java programming language are Uber, Google, Netflix, Pinterest, Instagram, Amazon, etc.
Features of Java :
- Simple language
- Portable language
- Platform independent language
- Highly performed
Benefits of using Java :
- Stability and Open-source community
- Shortage of security risks
- Automatic memory management
- The standard for enterprise computing
Drawbacks of using Java :
- Verbose and complex code
- Sometimes Poor performance
- Paid the commercial license
- Single-Paradigm Language
- Less machine interactive
Points to know about Java:
- Java is a general-purpose, class-based, object-oriented programming language and computing platform which was first developed by Sun Micro System in the year 1995.
- It is practiced to advance application servers, web applications, android applications, Desktop applications, Enterprise applications, etc.
- The syntax of the Java programming language is more verbose and a little complex.
- In inheritance, it uses a keyword known as extends, for example, class Child extends Parents.
- It uses constructors like the same name as of class, for example, Simple( ) where the class name is also Simple.
- In Java, creating an object is very easy. For example – Simple obj=new Simple();
- Java is one of the old programming languages having more community support.
- Java has complicated syntax and code readability as compared to Swift language.
Swift is a famous and automatic, organized, and general-purpose programming language developed by Apple Inc. It was first released in 2014. It is used to create software applications for macOS, iOS, watchOS, tvOS, and beyond. It was developed by Chris Lattner.
Some of the prominent organizations which practice the Swift programming language are Uber, Slack, Robinhood, Accenture, and Lyft, etc.
Features of Swift :
- Powerful and quick
- Functional programming patterns
- Modern language
- Safe and reliable
- Better speed
Benefits of using Swift :
- Open-source community
- Scalability of the Applications
- Supported multiple devices
- Easy to Integrate with Objective-C
- Improved Performance and Safety
Drawbacks of using Swift :
- Language is still relatively young
- Lack of support for earlier iOS versions
- Limited talent pool/swift programmer
- Problems with the Compatibility
- Earlier versions had speed issues
Points to know about Swift:
- Swift is a famous and automatic, organized, and general-purpose programming language developed by Apple Inc.
- It is used to create software applications for macOS, iOS, watchOS, and beyond.
- It is used to develop iOS mobile and Television applications, macOS desktop applications, etc. can be created using a swift programming language.
- The syntax of the Swift language is way easier to learn as compared to Java. It is easy to start work on it
- In Inheritance, it uses : symbol, for example, class Child: Parent
- It uses constructors like the init( ) method.
- In Swift, one can create an object like Var obj: A=A.
- Swift is one of the modern programming languages possessing more limited community assistance as compared to java.
- As compared to Java language, Swift has easy syntax and code readability.
Please Login to comment...