Given an element x, task is to find the value of its immediate smaller element.
Input : x = 30 (for above tree) Output : Immediate smaller element is 25
Explanation : Elements 2, 15, 20 and 25 are smaller than x i.e, 30, but 25 is the immediate smaller element and hence the answer.
- Let res be the resultant node.
- Initialize the resultant Node as NULL.
- For every Node, check if data of root is greater than res, but less than x. if yes, update res.
- Recursively do the same for all nodes of the given Generic Tree.
- Return res, and res->key would be the immediate smaller element.
Below is the implementation of above approach :
Immediate smaller element of 30 is 25
Time Complexity : O(N), where N is the number of nodes in N-ary Tree.
Auxiliary Space : O(N), for recursive call(worst case when a node has N number of childs)
- Next Smaller Element
- BST to a Tree with sum of all smaller keys
- Find the element before which all the elements are smaller than it, and after which all are greater
- First strictly smaller element in a sorted array in Java
- Second Largest element in n-ary tree
- Next Larger element in n-ary tree
- Find the closest element in Binary Search Tree
- Sum and Product of maximum and minimum element in Binary Tree
- Sum and Product of minimum and maximum element of Binary Search Tree
- Find maximum and minimum element in binary tree without using recursion or stack or queue
- Round to next smaller multiple of 8
- Count numbers (smaller than or equal to N) with given digit sum
- Find the farthest smaller number in the right side
- Delete all the nodes from a doubly linked list that are smaller than a given value
- Count elements smaller than or equal to x in a sorted matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.