The Style lineHeight property is used for setting or returning the distance between lines in a text. It is a string which represents the distance between lines in the text.
- To return the line-height.
- To set the line-height.
object.style.lineHeight = "normal|number|length|%|initial| inherit"
Property Values :
- normal : It is used to define the normal height.
- number : It is used to define a number that will be multiplied with the current font size to set the line height.
- length : It is used to define the line height in length units.
- % : It is used to define the line height in % of the current font size.
- initial : It is used to set this property to its default value.
- inherit : It is used to inherit this property from its parent element.
Below program illustrates the Style lineHeight property :
Example: Setting the line height for a <div> element.
- Before clicking the button:
- After clicking the button:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari