Round 1:The HP online test( for Internship role)was conducted in our university on 4th October, 2019.The first round was an online test consisting of a total of 50 questions from aptitude, logical reasoning, c, c++, Java programming MCQs.The time duration for the test was 75 minutes.Around 250 students attended the online test out of which 122 students were shortlisted for the technical interview.
Round 2:After the online test was conducted, the results of the online test were released after few days and 3 rounds of interview namely, technical interview, managerial interview and HR interview were conducted on 21st of October, 2019.The interviews went whole the day from the afternoon at 12pm starting with Preplacement Talk.I was called first for the interview.The technical interview went for around half an hour starting with my project.I was asked to describe the problem statement for my project.
I was also asked to write java code snippets from my project.
I was given 6 minutes time to code.As my project was from Cryptography, I was asked about SHA-algorithms.I was asked to write code snippets in java like to swap two strings without using a 3rd variable, and OOPS in java,
finding missing characters from a string of alphabets(for example if given string is:”abcdefghjklmnopqstuvwxyz”)(to find i, r from this string), about static variables in java, adding 2 numbers without using ‘+’ operator(it can be done using exit method in java).The interviewer made a note of the score of my performance like programming-6/10, communication-7/10, project-7/10.After that from 122 students around 60 students were selected for the managerial interview and I was one of them.
Round 3: Third round was a managerial interview which went around for 15 to 20 minutes.The interviewer was from Tamilnadu so I was comfortable in conversing in Tamil with him.I was some what feeling nervous so he stood up from his chair and came to me and put a pat on my shoulder and told me to relax.He asked about my ambitions, long term aspirations.I answered him by telling that my ambitions are to work in an organization where I can utilize my skills for the growth of the organization, and to serve my Parents and the society.He got impressed by seeing my 10th marks and 12th marks and he gave a good comment that I had scored good marks.He asked me if I had any questions for him.I asked him how would a typical day in working at HP look like.He answered by telling that I would be shifted to Bangalore if I am offered and there would be continuous learning everyday, contacts with clients.After that from 50 students around 40 to 50 students were selected for the HR interview and I was one of them.
The last interview was the HR interview.It went around for 15 to 20 minutes.He asked me why I was nervous.The first question from the HR manager was why I chose Sastra instead of any local engineering colleges from my Hometown.I told him that if I had chosen
any local college then there would not good mingling with friends, seniors and I would not have learnt many new things.I would not have learnt what actually life is.The next question was what was bold decision that I took in my life.Next he asked about my family.He asked my I had been offered by any other companies.He asked my why I chose and attended HP’s interview process.At last the interview was over and he told me that the results of the interview process would be declared in a few days.after 3 to 4 days results were declared and I was not offered by HP.
- OYO Internship Interview Experience
- Red Hat Interview Experience | Set 1 (For Internship)
- OLA Interview Experience | Set 11 ( For Internship)
- UBS Interview Experience - on Campus for Internship
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 119 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 110 (Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Internship Interview Experience
- Informatica Internship Interview Experience
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 38 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Internship Interview Experience
- Amazon Interview experience | Set 127 (For Internship)
- D E Shaw Interview Experience | Set 22 (For Internship)
- LinkedIn Interview Experience | Set 1 (for SDE Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 79 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 80 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 81 (For Internship)
- Vocera Interview Experience for Internship
- Deloitte Internship Interview Experience
- Amazon Internship Interview Experience
- DE Shaw Interview Experience (for Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.