Formidable module is used for parsing form data, especially file uploads. It is easy to use and integrate into your project for handling incoming form data and file uploads.
Installation of formidable module:
- You can visit the link Install formidable module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install formidable
- After installing formidable module, you can check your yargs version in command prompt using the command.
npm version formidable
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file for example index.js, To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
NOTE: ‘uploads’ is the folder where your files will be uploaded.
- Make sure you have install express and formidable module using following commands:
npm install formidable npm install express
- Run index.js file using below command:
- Now open POSTMAN to run this API and send sample data as shown below:
Here in body, we have passed send two fields, one is name of type=’Text’ and other is profilePic of type=’File’ as shown above.
- Now go to your uploads folder, your file is uploaded as shown below:
So this is how you can use formidable module for uploading files and handling incoming form data easily and efficiently.
- Nodejs | Automatic restart NodeJs server with nodemon
- PHP | $_FILES Array (HTTP File Upload variables)
- How to change the maximum upload file size in PHP ?
- File Upload in ElectronJS
- Angular File Upload
- How to upload files asynchronously using jQuery?
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- How to Upload Image into Database and Display it using PHP ?
- Upload and Retrieve Image on MongoDB using Mongoose
- Node.js | Image Upload, Processing and Resizing using Sharp package
- How to upload files using jQuery Dropzone Plugin ?
- Upload files in Python
- Upload Progress Bar in PHP
- How to upload Laravel App to Heroku Cloud Application Platform
- Associate user to its upload (post) in Django
- Django - Upload files with FileSystemStorage
- Nodejs - Connect MongoDB with Node app using MongooseJS
- Cowsay in Nodejs using Requests library
- Nodejs | Web Crawling using Cheerio
- Signup Form Using Nodejs and MongoDB
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.