Body-parser is the Node.js body parsing middleware. It is responsible for parsing the incoming request bodies in a middleware before you handle it.
Installation of body-parser module:
- You can visit the link to Install body-parser module. You can install this package by using this command.
npm install body-parser
- After installing body-parser you can check your body-parser version in command prompt using the command.
npm version body-parser
- After that, you can just create a folder and add a file, for example, index.js. To run this file you need to run the following command.
Steps to run the program:
- The project structure will look like this:
- Make sure you have installed ‘view engine’ like I have used “ejs” and also installed express and body-parser module using following commands:
npm install express npm install ejs npm install body-parser
- Run index.js file using below command:
- Now Open browser and type the below URL and you will see the Demo Form as shown below:
- Now submit the form and then you will see the following output:
- But if we do not use this body-parser middle, then while parsing, error will occur as show below:
So this is how you can use body-parser module for parsing incoming request bodies in a middleware before you handle it.