There are many Linux distribution available to use but finding perfect distribution is very difficult. You have to download almost 2GB of the file for each distribution and during testing, you don’t find anything good. What if you could test a Linux distribution without actually downloading it and setting up a VMware or wasting a lot of time in installing it as a primary Operating system? Distrotest.net is the website which provides you the facility to test more than 700 versions with 225 Operating systems. It has each and every Operating system with all different versions.
How to use Distrotest.net?
Distrotest.net works on a service based website where you can choose among a variety of different Linux distributions to test. Just choose your distribution from the A-Z list and start your system. The website provides all the features of the operating system, including install, partition and everything like you do in your actual system. After choosing your desired Operating system you enter in a queue where you are given a slot number and you have to wait a little bit till your turn comes. The slots are given due to many users running systems and makes server loaded. Sometimes heavy usage kills the website and servers go offline but in a few hours, this issue is fixed. Also if you face any issue in the website you can contact their support.
Problems Faced While Using distrotest.net
Using distrotest.net is very easy but there are some problems which you can face while using it:
- Slow system: The Operating system launched in the server runs very slow. After moving your cursor you may need to wait for a second for the response which kills a lot of time.
- Waiting Queue: Once you tab “system start” you enter a queue in which you are given a number, and no one knows how much time will it take till the other users shut down systems, however, for each user there is a time limit of 30 Minutes.
- Server offline: when there is more traffic and heavy usage, the servers can go offline, but the support tries to fix the issue soon.
- Is downloading YouTube videos legal?
- How to speed up the downloading of packages using apt-fast in Ubuntu?
- Linux Virtualization : Linux Containers (lxc)
- od command in Linux with example
- Some useful Linux Hacks
- du Command in LINUX
- SED command in Linux | Set 2
- Permissions in Linux
- Run Levels in Linux
- while command in Linux with example
- who command in Linux
- The Linux Kernel
- 'dd' command in Linux
- Linux Commands
- Different Shells in Linux
A great project has some problems but those problems soon get a solution. If you face any problems or if you have any suggestion you can always reach their support and they are happy to help. Below are some screenshots of the system that I tried while writing this article:
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.