HTTP Response code: There are three approaches to accomplish the above requirement, depending on the version.
For PHP versions 4.0: In order to send the HTTP response code, we need to assemble the response code. To achieve this, use header() function. The header() function contains a special use-case which can detect a HTTP response line and replace that with a custom one.
header("HTTP/1.1 200 OK");
For PHP versions 4.3: There are obviously a few problems when using first method. The biggest one is that it is partly parsed by PHP and is poorly documented. Since the version 4.3, the header() function has an additional 3rd argument through which we can set the response code. but to use the first argument should be a non-empty string.
header(':', true, 400); header(‘X_PHP_Response_Code: 400', true, 400);
The second one is recommended. The header field name in this variant is not standardized and can be modified.
For PHP versions 5.4: This versions uses http_response_code() function to makes things easier.
Example: This example uses http_response_code() function to send HTTP response code.
200 HTTP request successfully
- Google Geo-coding Web Service (JSON response)
- How to send a GET request from PHP?
- PHP | Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer | send() Function
- How to send an email using PHPMailer ?
- PHP | Send Attachment With Email
- HTTP Cookies in Node.js
- How to add http:// if it doesn't exists in the URL in PHP?
- HTTP GET and POST Methods in PHP
- PHP | $_FILES Array (HTTP File Upload variables)
- How to select and upload multiple files with HTML and PHP, using HTTP POST?
- HTML | <code> Tag
- C# | How to get hash code for the specified key of a Hashtable
- Code introspection in Python
- HTML | DOM Code Object
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.