The anchor tag is used to define the hyperlinks and it display underlined anchor part by default. The underline can be easily remove by using text-decoration property. The text-decoration property of CSS allows to decorate the text according to requirement. By setting the text-decoration to none to remove the underline from anchor tag.
Example 1: This example sets the text-decoration property to none.
Example 2: Use hover property to remove underline when mouse move over the anchor part.
Before Mouse move over:
After Mouse move over:
- How to remove underline from a:before using CSS ?
- HTML | DOM anchors Collection
- Perl | Anchors in Regex
- How to underline a text content using HTML ?
- How to add underline to canvas-type text using Fabric.js ?
- HTML | DOM Underline Object
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- How to remove border radius from Select tag using Bootstrap ?
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- How to give a div tag 100% height of the browser window using CSS
- How to change the thickness of hr tag using CSS ?
- Display div element on hovering over <a> tag using CSS
- How to remove margin introduced in pre tag in bootstrap 4?
- Differences between HTML <center> Tag and CSS "text-align: center;" Property
- Remove border from IFrame using CSS
- How to remove indentation from an unordered list item using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.