The anchor tag is used to define the hyperlinks and it display underlined anchor part by default. The underline can be easily remove by using text-decoration property. The text-decoration property of CSS allows to decorate the text according to requirement. By setting the text-decoration to none to remove the underline from anchor tag.
Example 1: This example sets the text-decoration property to none.
Example 2: Use hover property to remove underline when mouse move over the anchor part.
Before Mouse move over:
After Mouse move over:
- How to remove underline from a:before using CSS ?
- HTML | DOM anchors Collection
- Perl | Anchors in Regex
- How to underline a text content using HTML ?
- How to add underline to canvas-type text using Fabric.js ?
- How to underline all words of a text using jQuery ?
- HTML | DOM Underline Object
- What purpose does a <script> tag serve inside of a <noscript> tag?
- Difference between <article> tag and <section> tag
- Why <big> tag is not in HTML5 while <small> tag exists ?
- How to remove border radius from Select tag using Bootstrap ?
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- How to give a div tag 100% height of the browser window using CSS
- How to change the thickness of hr tag using CSS ?
- Display div element on hovering over <a> tag using CSS
- How to remove margin introduced in pre tag in bootstrap 4?
- Differences between HTML <center> Tag and CSS "text-align: center;" Property
- Remove border from IFrame using CSS
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.