How to Read and Print an Integer value in C
The given task is to take an integer as input from the user and print that integer in C language.
In below program, the syntax and procedures to take the integer as input from the user is shown in C language.
- The user enters an integer value when asked.
- This value is taken from the user with the help of scanf() method. The scanf() method, in C, reads the value from the console as per the type specified.
scanf("%X", &variableOfXType); where %X is the format specifier in C It is a way to tell the compiler what type of data is in a variable and & is the address operator in C, which tells the compiler to change the real value of this variable, stored at this address in the memory.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of scanf() method becomes as follows then:
- This entered value is now stored in the variableOfIntType.
- Now to print this value, printf() method is used. The printf() method, in C, prints the value passed as the parameter to it, on the console screen.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of printf() method becomes as follows then:
- Hence, the integer value is successfully read and printed.
Enter the integer: 10 Entered integer is: 10