The given task is to take an integer as input from the user and print that integer in C language.
In below program, the syntax and procedures to take the integer as input from the user is shown in C language.
- The user enters an integer value when asked.
- This value is taken from the user with the help of scanf() method. The scanf() method, in C, reads the value from the console as per the type specified.
scanf("%X", &variableOfXType); where %X is the format specifier in C It is a way to tell the compiler what type of data is in a variable and & is the address operator in C, which tells the compiler to change the real value of this variable, stored at this address in the memory.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of scanf() method becomes as follows then:
- This entered value is now stored in the variableOfIntType.
- Now to print this value, printf() method is used. The printf() method, in C, prints the value passed as the parameter to it, on the console screen.
- For an integer value, the X is replaced with type int. The syntax of printf() method becomes as follows then:
- Hence, the integer value is successfully read and printed.
Enter the integer: 10 Entered integer is: 10
- How to Read and Print an Integer value in C++
- How to Read and Print an Integer value in Java
- Java Program to Print a Square Pattern for given integer
- Read/Write structure to a file in C
- How to read content of GeeksforGeeks in an organized way?
- Ways to read input from console in Java
- Implement your own tail (Read last n lines of a huge file)
- lseek() in C/C++ to read the alternate nth byte and write it in another file
- Input-output system calls in C | Create, Open, Close, Read, Write
- Integer Promotions in C
- How to concatenate two Integer values into one?
- Count even and odd digits in an Integer
- Storage of integer and character values in C
- Find the missing integer in an array if mean is given
- Input an integer array without spaces in C
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.