Given a URL, the task is to use the current address of the page and to perform an operation using this address.
Example 1: This example points to the same URL and only redirects to the same address.URL = ‘https://gitstr.herokuapp.com’
Before clicking on the Search button: Search
After clicking on the Search button:
as you can see after clicking the search button the URL doesn’t change because of line 38: window.location.href = ‘/’.
Example 2: In this example we would like to use window.location.href property
to point to some other address, so let’s see how it works.
Before clicking on the button: Search
After clicking on the button: Search
as you can see after clicking the search button the URL does changes because
of line 37: window.location.href = ‘/’ + input, now it refer to the default window location + input.
so this was a brief example showing how I use window.location.href property in my projects, if you want to get a better understanding of the topic and how it actually works when complete backend and frontend is involved then do refer to this Github repo.
- How to make a redirect in PHP?
- How to make CSS Loader ?
- How to make div not larger than its contents using CSS?
- How to make a placeholder for a 'select' box?
- How to make a Pagination using HTML and CSS ?
- How to make a div stick to the top of the screen ?
- How to make elements float to center?
- Best way to make a d3.js visualization layout responsive
- How to make smooth bounce animation using CSS ?
- How to make a blinking text using jQuery ?
- How to make dynamic chart in PHP using canvasJS?
- How to make a call-able link using HTML ?
- How to make horizontal scrollable in a bootstrap row?
- How to make text input non-editable using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.