A Plotly is a Python library that is used to design graphs, especially interactive graphs. It can plot various graphs and charts like histogram, barplot, boxplot, spreadplot, and many more. It is mainly used in data analysis as well as financial analysis. plotly is an interactive visualization library.
What are the log plots?
A log plot is a way of displaying numerical data over a very wide range of values in a compact way. There are two types of plots:
- log-log plot: If both the vertical and horizontal axes of a plot are scaled logarithmically, the plot is referred to as a log-log plot.
- Semi-logarithmic plots: If only the ordinate or abscissa is scaled logarithmically, the plot is referred to as a semi-logarithmic plot.
Creating Log plots using plotly
There is no specific function provided for creating the log plots. However, it can be created using the scatter() method of graph_objects class. We will have to change the xaxis_type and yaxis_type to log.
Example 1: log-log plot
Example 2: semi-log plot
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Surface plots and Contour plots in Python
- 3D Volume Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Line Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Cone Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Surface Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Streamtube Plots using Plotly in Python
- Streamline Plots in Plotly using Python
- Quiver Plots using Plotly in Python
- Contour Plots using Plotly in Python
- Carpet Plots using Plotly in Python
- 3D Mesh Plots using Plotly in Python
- Ternary Plots in Plotly
- How To Make Simple Facet Plots with Seaborn Catplot in Python?
- How to Make Histograms with Density Plots with Seaborn histplot?
- How to make a basic Scatterplot using Python-Plotly?
- How to make Wind Rose and Polar Bar Charts in Plotly - Python?
- How to make Dropdown Menus in Plotly?
- How to make Range Slider and Selector in Plotly?
- How to make sliders in Plotly?
- How to make Custom Buttons in Plotly?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.