How to Group and Ungroup Pivot Chart Data Items in Excel?
A pivot chart is the visual representation of a pivot table in Excel. Pivot charts and pivot tables are connected with each other. Pivot chart are much more flexible than normal chart because Pivot Chart is linked to a PivotTable. Filters, sorts, and data rearrangements applied to Pivot Table are reflected on the chart.
Steps to create Pivot chart :
Follow the below steps to create a Pivot chart:
- Select the table to create the pivot chart.
- Inside Insert tab, click Pivot chart.
- A dialog box will appear, select the table and the cell where you want the table and chart.
- Both Pivot chart and Table will be created, but no field is selected.
- Select the fields, you want in the chart.
To Group data in the Chart:
Follow the below steps to group data in the Chart:
- Select the rows or columns from the table, you want to group.
- Right-click and press group.
- The data will be grouped and the chart will show those rows together along with the Group name.
To Ungroup data in the Chart :
Follow the below steps to ungroup data in the chart:
- Select the group name.
- Right-click and press Ungroup.
- The data items in both the table and chart will be ungrouped.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!