To delete a file by using PHP is very easy. Deleting a file means completely erase a file from a directory so that the file is no longer exist. PHP has an unlink() function that allows to delete a file. The PHP unlink() function takes two parameters $filename and $context.
unlink( $filename, $context );
Below programs illustrate the above approach:
Program 1: This program uses unlink() function to remove file from directory.
Suppose there is a file named as “gfg.txt”
gfg.txt has been deleted
Program 2: This program uses unlink() function to delete a file from folder after using some operation.
Warning: unlink() expects parameter 1 to be a valid path, resource given in C:\xampp\htdocs\server.php on line 12 Resource id #3 cannot be deleted due to an error
Note: If the file does not exist then it will display an error.
- How to delete text from file using preg_replace() function in PHP ?
- How to get file input by selected file name without path using jQuery ?
- How to delete last element from a map in C++
- Laravel | Delete Records
- PHP | MySQL Delete Query
- How to delete an array element based on key in PHP?
- MongoDB | Delete Database using MongoShell