As we know, most of the organizations are shifting their businesses to cloud but the way to decide which cloud to settle on. There are 4 sorts of clouds namely Public, Private, Hybrid, and Community cloud. There are tons of aspects that one must consider before making a transition to the cloud.
The cloud has different service deployment models i.e., SaaS, IaaS, PaaS. Each of those services has its benefits and shortcomings. The cloud to be chosen depends on what business requirements are needed to be satisfied.
Business applications within the cloud are typically mentioned as SaaS. Iaas and PaaS are purchased to support SaaS. All are available in public, private, and hybrid Clouds. Determine the proper cloud deployment model which is suitable for the business needs and size is the most important step.
Before choosing the cloud there are certain aspects to require care of:
- Understanding the aim, business requirements, virtues, and shortcomings of an organization.
- Know and access all data security, access, and privacy risks associate with an organization like a power outage, communications breakdown, and alter of the service provider.
- Verifying the certification of the cloud service provider you’re considering and their unique qualities.
- Know the dimensions of a corporation.
- Skills to access all the possible feasibility of a deployment model.
- Know the in-house and outsource resources available for a corporation.
- Know the worth factor and migration process and time for each proposed model.
- Consider critically of application and level of support.
|Parameters||Public Cloud||Private Cloud||Hybrid Cloud||Community Cloud|
|Size||Very less.||Very high reduced total cost of ownership more than a private cloud.||Reduced total cost of ownership more than a private cloud.||More than a private cloud.|
|Security and Privacy||Large||small||Very large||medium|
|Infrastructure Requirements||Very less||Very much||more||More|
|Integration||Very difficult||Very easy||difficult||easy|
|Application||Business requirements & organisations where managing load spikes utilize meantime and applications||Business and mission critical application and IT services||Smaller and medium sized organisations||Various public and private sector companies, banks, federal agencies and companies|
|Level of control||low||high||moderate||High|
|Examples||IBM Smart Cloud, Amazon EC2||Amazon VPC, VMware Cloud infrastructure Suits||Microsoft Azure and Force.com||Google Apps|
Steps for selecting cloud which is economical to an organization :
- Review the contract of the model.
When a customer is selecting a cloud supplier one among the foremost important things is to plan ahead and review the contractual and pricing documents well beforehand.
- Evaluating the total cost and investments to the service model.
Access economies of scale-like cost-saving and budget.
- Maintain standard with the model.
Choosing standards affecting the participants determined by a third party.
- Troubleshooting by the model.
Synchronized and easier troubleshooting as the responsibility is transferred to the network from the individual.
- Performance of the model.
Gives significant performance advantage over the cloud with both high-performance bandwidth and latency.
- Policies providing privacy and more control to the model.
Access issues and policies like information privacy, ownership and application laws.
- Risk management was given by the model.
Access issues like risk management, control, troubleshooting and ownership.
- Network dependency within the model.
Access any dependency within the network resources and services.
In the real world, there’s rarely a clear-cut solution to settle on the cloud computing model. Most of the organizations will probably be using a hybrid cloud as it provides capabilities and services of both public and private clouds. Once they get comfortable with private clouds, they go to soon experiment with hybrid and community cloud computing to support peak computing rather than spend millions on new hardware.
A community cloud is often an honest option if participation is based on the organization’s needs and culture and reflects the organization’s requirements for infrastructure, business processes, and data management.
- Components, Requirements and interoperability of IDaaS
- Requirements and Responsibilities For Cyber Security Entry-Level Jobs
- Is SSL enough for Cloud Security?
- Types of Cloud
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Will we ever run out of cloud storage?
- What is Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)?
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- What is Google Cloud Platform (GCP)?
- Issues in Cloud Computing
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- Google Cloud Services
- An Insight to Cloud Computing
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Box
- Cloud Deployment Model
- Evolution of Cloud Computing
- Difference Between Google Cloud and AWS
- How to host a website on IBM Cloud
- Cloud Stakeholders as per NIST
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.