In Go language slice is more powerful, flexible, convenient than an array, and is a lightweight data structure. The slice is a variable-length sequence which stores elements of a similar type, you are not allowed to store different type of elements in the same slice.
In the Go slice of byes, you are allowed to check the equality of the slices with the help of Equal() function. This function returns true if both the slices are equal, or return false if both the slices are not equal. It is defined under the bytes package so, you have to import bytes package in your program for accessing Equals function.
func Equal(slice_1, slice_1 byte) bool
Here, we check the equality between slice_1 and slice_2 and the return type of this function is bool. Let us discuss this concept with the help of the examples:
Slice_1 is equal to Slice_2
Result 1: false Result 2: true Result 3: false Result 4: true Result 5: false Result 6: false
- How to compare two slices of bytes in Golang?
- Checking Slice of bytes for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang
- How to check String for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang?
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- Check if the specified element is present in the slice of bytes in Golang
- Slices in Golang
- Structure Equality in Golang
- How to trim a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to split a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to repeat a slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the first index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the last index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to trim suffix from the slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.