setInterval(function, milliseconds, param1, param2, ...)
Parameters: This function acceps the following parameters:
- function: Thi sparameter holds the function name which to be called periodically.
- milliseconds: This parameter holds the period, in milliseconds, setInterval() calls/executes the function above.
- param1, param2, … : Some additional parameters to be passed as input parameters to function.
Return Value: This method returns the ID representing timer set by the method. This ID can be used to clear/unset the timer by calling clearInterval() method and passing it this ID as a parameter.
- Before clicking the button:
- After clicking the button:
In the above example, the setInterval() method repeatedly evaluates an expression/calls a function. The way to clear/unset the timer set by setInterval() method is to use the clearInterval() method and passing it the ID/value returned on calling setInterval().