A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern. Go language support regular expressions. A regular expression is used for parsing, filtering, validating, and extracting meaningful information from large text, like logs, the output generated from other programs, etc.
In Go regexp, you are allowed to check whether the given string contains any match of the specified regular expression pattern with the help of MatchString() function. This function is defined under the regexp package, so for accessing this method you need to import the regexp package in your program.
func MatchString(pattern string, s string) (matched bool, err error)
Here, p represents the pattern and str represents a string. This function returns true if the pattern matched or return false if the pattern does not match. And also return an error if found.
Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: true <nil>
true <nil> false <nil> false <nil> false error parsing regexp: missing closing ): `e(ks`
- Golang | Checking the byte of slice for specified regular expression
- Golang | Extracting all the Regular Expression from the String
- Golang | Extracting a Regular Expression from the String
- Golang | Replacing all String which Matches with Regular Expression
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in String
- Golang | Extracting Regular Expression from the Slice
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in Slice
- Checking the Given File Exists or Not in Golang
- Checking if structure is empty or not in Golang
- Checking Slice of bytes for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang
- Golang | Splitting a Slice Separated by the Specified Expression
- How to Trim a String in Golang?
- How to Get the String in Specified Base in Golang?
- How to Split a String in Golang?
- How to Reverse a String in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.