A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern. Go language support regular expressions. A regular expression is used for parsing, filtering, validating, and extracting meaningful information from large text, like logs, the output generated from other programs, etc.
In Go regexp, you are allowed to find the leftmost index value of the specified regular expression in the given slice of bytes with the help of FindIndex() method. This method returns a two-element slice of integers which defines the location of the leftmost match in the given slice of the regular expression and the match like s[loc:loc]. Or it will return nil if no match found. This method is defined under the regexp package, so for accessing this method you need to import the regexp package in your program.
func (re *Regexp) FindIndex(s byte) (loc int)
[2 4] [9 11]  
Found: "45" with index value: [1 3]
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in String
- Golang | Extracting Regular Expression from the Slice
- Golang | Checking the byte of slice for specified regular expression
- Finding the index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang
- How to count specific characters present in the slice in Golang?
- Check if the specified element is present in the slice of bytes in Golang
- Golang | Splitting a Slice Separated by the Specified Expression
- How to find the last index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the first index value in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Extracting all the Regular Expression from the String
- Golang | Checking the string for the specified regular expression
- Golang | Extracting a Regular Expression from the String
- How to find the last index value of any element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find the index value of any element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- How to find last index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Replacing all String which Matches with Regular Expression
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- How to append a slice in Golang?
- How to Get First and Last Element of Slice in Golang?
- How to sort a slice in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.