A regular expression is a sequence of characters which define a search pattern. Go language support regular expressions. A regular expression is used for parsing, filtering, validating, and extracting meaningful information from large text, like logs, the output generated from other programs, etc.
In Go regexp, you are allowed to check whether the given slice byte contains any match of the specified regular expression pattern with the help of Match() function. This function is defined under the regexp package, so for accessing this method you need to import the regexp package in your program.
func Match(p string, s byte) (result bool, err error)
Here, p represents the pattern and s represents a slice of bytes. This function returns true if the pattern matched or return false if the pattern does not match. And also return an error if found.
Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil> Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: true <nil> Result and Error is: false <nil>
true <nil> false <nil> false <nil> false error parsing regexp: missing closing ): `e(ks`
- Golang | Checking the string for the specified regular expression
- Finding the index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang
- How to find last index value of specified byte in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting a Slice Separated by the Specified Expression
- Golang | Extracting Regular Expression from the Slice
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in Slice
- How to copy one slice into another slice in Golang?
- Checking Slice of bytes for equality under Unicode case folding in Golang
- How to join the elements of the byte slice in Golang?
- Check if the specified element is present in the slice of bytes in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes starts with specified prefix in Golang
- Check if the Slice of bytes ends with specified suffix in Golang
- How to replace a specified element in slice of bytes in Golang?
- Golang | Splitting a slice of bytes after the specified separator
- Golang | Splitting the slice after the specified separator
- Golang | Extracting a Regular Expression from the String
- Golang | Extracting all the Regular Expression from the String
- Golang | Finding Index of the Regular Expression present in String
- Golang | Replacing all String which Matches with Regular Expression
- How to convert a slice of bytes in uppercase in Golang?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.