Given two numbers N and P. The task is to generate an array of all positive elements, and in one operation you can choose a minimum number in the array and subtract it from all array elements. If the array element becomes 0 then you will remove it.
You have to print the minimum possible sum of the array and one possible array such that after applying exactly P steps the array will vanish.
Input : N = 4, P = 2
The Minimum Possible Sum is: 5
The Array Elements are: 1 2 1 1
The array can be [1, 2, 1, 1] after 1st step it becomes [0, 1, 0, 0] and it becomes  and after step 2 it will be vanished.Thus the sum is 5 and it is minimum possible value.
Input : N = 3 , P = 1
The Minimum Possible Sum is: 3
The Array Elements are: 1 1 1
Approach: The problem can be solved by following a greedy approach. First, we will place first P natural numbers, and for rest (N – P) positions we will fill it with 1, because we have to minimize the sum.
So the sum will be P*(P+1)/2 + (N – P).
Below is the implementation of above approach:
The Minimum Possible Sum is: 8 The Array Elements are: 1 2 3 1 1
Time Complexity: O(N)
- Count minimum steps to get the given desired array
- Minimum steps to reach end of array under constraints
- Minimum steps required to reduce all the elements of the array to zero
- Minimum steps to make all the elements of the array divisible by 4
- Minimum steps to make the product of the array equal to 1
- Make array elements equal in Minimum Steps
- Generate two BSTs from the given array such that maximum height among them is minimum
- Count of elements that can be deleted without disturbing the mean of the initial array
- Minimum steps to color the tree with given colors
- Find the minimum number of steps to reach M from N
- Minimum steps to come back to starting point in a circular tour
- Generate minimum sum sequence of integers with even elements greater
- Minimum steps needed to cover a sequence of points on an infinite grid
- Generate original array from an array that store the counts of greater elements on right
- Generate an Array in which count of even and odd sum sub-arrays are E and O respectively
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.