Given a fibonacci number N, the task is to find the next fibonacci number.
Input: N = 5
8 is the next fibonacci number after 5
Input: N = 3
Approach: The ratio of two adjacent numbers in the Fibonacci series rapidly approaches ((1 + sqrt(5)) / 2). So if N is multiplied by ((1 + sqrt(5)) / 2) and round it, the resultant number will be the next fibonacci number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the next Non-Fibonacci number
- Check if a M-th fibonacci number divides N-th fibonacci number
- Check if sum of Fibonacci elements in an Array is a Fibonacci number or not
- Find Next number having distinct digits from the given number N
- Given a number, find the next smallest palindrome
- Find next greater number with same set of digits
- Find Next Sparse Number
- Find the Next perfect square greater than a given number
- Program to find the next prime number
- Find Index of given fibonacci number in constant time
- Program to find last two digits of Nth Fibonacci number
- Find nth Fibonacci number using Golden ratio
- Program to find Nth odd Fibonacci Number
- Find the previous fibonacci number
- Array range queries to find the maximum Fibonacci number with updates
- Fast Doubling method to find the Nth Fibonacci number
- How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number?
- Finding number of digits in n'th Fibonacci number
- Number of ways to represent a number as sum of k fibonacci numbers
- Find next palindrome prime
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.