Given an array A having N elements and two integers L and R where, and . You can choose any element of the array (let’s say ax) and delete it, and also delete all elements equal to ax+1, ax+2 … ax+R and ax-1, ax-2 … ax-L from the array. This step will cost ax points. The task is to maximize the total cost after deleting all the elements from the array.
Input : 2 1 2 3 2 2 1 L = 1, R = 1 Output : 8 We select 2 to delete, then (2-1)=1 and (2+1)=3 will need to be deleted, for given L and R range respectively. Repeat this until 2 is completely removed. So, total cost = 2*4 = 8. Input : 2 4 2 9 5 L = 1, R = 2 Output : 18 We select 2 to delete, then 5 and then 9. So total cost = 2*2 + 5 + 9 = 18.
Approach: We will find the count of all the elements. Now let’s say an element X is selected then, all elements in the range [X-L, X+R] will be deleted. Now we select the minimum range from L and R and finds up to which elements are to be deleted when element X is selected. Our results will be maximum of previously deleted elements and when element X is deleted. We will use dynamic programming to store the result of previously deleted elements and use it further.
Time Complexity: O(max(A))
- Maximum possible middle element of the array after deleting exactly k elements
- Maximum array sum that can be obtained after exactly k changes
- Find the largest after deleting the given elements
- Find the smallest after deleting given elements
- Find the k largest numbers after deleting the given elements
- Find the k smallest numbers after deleting given elements
- Maximum value obtained by performing given operations in an Array
- Minimum sum obtained from groups of four elements from the given array
- Find maximum xor of k elements in an array
- Find the maximum elements in the first and the second halves of the Array
- Find all numbers that divide maximum array elements
- Find a number that divides maximum array elements
- Find maximum array sum after making all elements same with repeated subtraction
- Find integers that divides maximum number of elements of the array
- Recursive Programs to find Minimum and Maximum elements of array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.