Given two integers A and B, the task is to calculate 22A % B.
Input: A = 3, B = 5
223 % 5 = 28 % 5 = 256 % 5 = 1.
Input: A = 10, B = 13
Approach: The problem can be efficiently solved by breaking it into sub-problems without overflow of integer by using recursion.
Let F(A, B) = 22A % B.
Now, F(A, B) = 22A % B
= 22 * 2A – 1 % B
= (22A – 1 + 2A – 1) % B
= (22A – 1 * 22A – 1) % B
= (F(A – 1, B) * F(A – 1, B)) % B
Therefore, F(A, B) = (F(A – 1, B) * F(A – 1, B)) % B.
The base case is F(1, B) = 221 % B = 4 % B.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Find value of (1^n + 2^n + 3^n + 4^n ) mod 5
- Find (1^n + 2^n + 3^n + 4^n) mod 5 | Set 2
- Find K such that |A - K| = |B - K|
- Find the value of max(f(x)) - min(f(x)) for a given F(x)
- Find value of (n^1 + n^2 + n^3 + n^4) mod 5 for given n
- Find the value of f(n) / f(r) * f(n-r)
- Find F(n) when F(i) and F(j) of a sequence are given
- Find Kth smallest value for b such that a + b = a | b
- Find (a^b)%m where 'b' is very large
- Find any pair with given GCD and LCM
- Find the sum of the series x(x+y) + x^2(x^2+y^2) +x^3(x^3+y^3)+ ... + x^n(x^n+y^n)
- Find the sum of the series 2, 5, 13, 35, 97...
- Find if the Vacation can be taken or not
- Find the sum of series 3, 7, 13, 21, 31....
- Find sum of the series 1-2+3-4+5-6+7.......
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.