1. Transbase :
It is resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provide parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. Vertica :
Vertica is a Columnar relational DBMS which is designed to handle modern analytic workloads and enables fast query performance. Its headquarters is in Cambridge, MA, United States. It is an infrastructure-independent through which it supports deployments on multiple cloud platforms (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure), on-premises, and natively on Hadoop nodes. Its Analytics Platform Community Edition was made available for free with certain limitations.
Difference between Transbase and Vertica :
|It is developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released on 1987.||It is developed by Vertica / Micro Focus and initially released on 2005.|
|FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows, are the server, operating systems of Transbase.||Linux is server operating systems of Vertica.|
|Absence of Secondary database models in Transbase.||Secondary database models is Document store.|
|ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||ADO.NET, JDBC, Kafka, ODBC, Proprietary protocol, RESTful HTTP, API are the APIs and other access methods.|
|Implementation language is C and C++ .||It doesn’t has any Implementation language.|
|Replication methods of Transbase is Master-slave replication.||Replication methods is Master-master replication of Vertica .|
|Absence of Partitioning methods in Transbase .||Sharding partitioning methods is present.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and XAP
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
- Difference between Transbase and VelocityDB
- Difference between Transbase and Valentina Server
- Difference between Transbase and UniData,UniVerse
- Difference between Vertica and Virtuoso
- Difference between Vertica and Yaacomo
- Difference between Vertica and Yanza
- Difference between Vertica and VoltDB
- Difference between Valentina Server and Vertica
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and Vertica
- Difference between VelocityDB and Vertica
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.