1. Transbase :
It is a resource-optimized, high-performance, universally applicable RDBMS, developed and maintained by Transaction Software GmbH, Munich. It is a relational database management system that supports all important functions of the SQL standard. The database of Transbase is extensible via additional functions and custom data types also provide parallel execution of queries via dynamic multithreading technology.
2. XAP :
It is a high performance in-memory data grid for mission critical applications and provides an essential set of data store features, such as transactions, indexes, and query language (SQL-like queries). It is a file format used to install and distribute application software.
Difference between Transbase and XAP :
|1.||It was developed by Transaction Software GmbH and initially released in 1987.||It was developed by Gigaspaces Technologies and initially released in 2000.|
|2.||Current release was on September 2019.||Current release was on June 2019.|
|3.||FreeBSD, Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows are the server operating systems of Transbase.||Linux, macOS, Solaris, Windows are the server operating systems of XAP.|
|4.||Primary database model is Relational DBMS.||Primary database models are Document Store and Key-Value Store.|
|5.||There is an absence of secondary database model in Transbase.||Secondary database model of XAP is Object-Oriented DBMS.|
|7.||ADO.NET, JDBC, ODBC, Proprietary native API are the APIs and other access methods of Transbase.||GigaSpaces LRMI, Hibernate, JCache, JDBC, JPA, ODBC, RESTful HTTP API, Spring Data are the APIs and other access methods of XAP.|
|8.||Transbase has data schema.||Data scheme of XAP is schema-free.|
|9.||Implementation languages of Transbase are C and C++ .||Implementation languages of XAP are Java, C++ and .Net.|
|10.||Transbase has transaction concepts.||XAP has ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) transaction concepts.|
|11.||Replication method of Transbase is Master-Slave Replication.||Replication methods of XAP are Master-Master Replication and Master-Slave Replication.|
|12.||Transbase holds Immediate Consistency concept.||XAP also holds Immediate Consistency concept.|
|13.||Transbase supports the concept of Foreign keys.||XAP does not support the concept of Foreign keys.|
|14.||There is an absence of partitioning method in Transbase.||Partitioning method of XAP is Sharding.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between Weaviate and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Yanza
- Difference between Valentina Server and XAP
- Difference between UniData,UniVerse and XAP
- Difference between XAP and Warp 10
- Difference between Trafodion and XAP
- Difference between VelocityDB and XAP
- Difference between XAP and WakandaDB
- Difference between XAP and VoltDB
- Difference between XAP and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and Virtuoso
- Difference between Transbase and VoltDB
- Difference between Transbase and WakandaDB
- Difference between Transbase and Yanza
- Difference between Transbase and YugabyteDB
- Difference between Transbase and Warp 10
- Difference between Transbase and Weaviate
- Difference between Transbase and Yaacomo
- Difference between Trafodion and Transbase
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.