Static hazard occur in combinational circuits and can be eliminated by using redundant gates. Static hazard is classified as:
1. Static-1 hazard :
If the output is currently at logic state 1 and after the input changes its state, at the same moment the output changes to 0 before settling on 1, then it is a Static-1 hazard.
2. Static-0 hazard :
If the output is currently at logic state 0 and after the input changes its state, at the same moment the output changes to 1 before settling on 0, then it is a Static-0 hazard.
Difference between Static-1 and Static-0 hazard:
|STATIC-1 HAZARD||STATIC-0 HAZARD|
|Output changes from 1 to 0.||Output changes from 0 to 1.|
|It is false ‘0’ level for a short interval.||It is false ‘1’ level for a short interval.|
|AND-OR circuit produces static-1 hazard.||NAND-NOR circuit produces static-0 hazard.|
|The graph goes from high to low then again high.||The graph goes from low to high then again low.|
|Static-1 hazard with contact networks is a tie set hazard.||Static-0 hazard with contact networks is a cut set hazard.|
|SOP is used for removing static-1 hazard.||POS is used for removing static-0 hazard.|
|We deal with 1s in staic-1 hazard.||We deal with 0s in static-0 hazard.|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Hazard
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between CLI and GUI
- Difference between ELT and ETL
- Difference between H.323 and SIP
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between RPC and RMI
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference Between SMO and SEO
- Difference between IoT and M2M
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
- Difference between CD and DVD
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between DFA and NFA
- Difference between BFS and DFS
- Difference between RAM and ROM
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.