It is type of information through electronic means, Internet. It comprised of graphics, text, videos, audios, animations, information on laptops and other similar devices. The elements of multimedia shows us quality pictures, animations, sounds, text information which directly impacts on the user’s brain. Even we can perform editing on these different types of multimedia.
It is an next version of hypertext which contains different forms of media like, graphics, text, audio, video and moving graphics etc. There is similarity in the structure of both hypermedia and hypertext. It has even more advanced features like clickable links in the web page. The common hypermedia link is image link which can take the user to the other page. It is used in a variety of applications from problem solving and qualitative research to electronic studying and sophisticated learning.
Difference between Multimedia and Hypermedia:
|1.||Basic||It represents the various forms of representing the information.||It is an extension of hypertext and not considered as text-based.|
|2.||Types available||Both linear and non-linear available.||Only non-linear available.|
|3.||Relation||It combines with hypertext to form a hypermedia.||It combines both hypertext as well as multimedia to represent information.|
|4.||Based on||It basically works on interaction and interactivity.||It is used for inter-connectivity among elements and also for the cross referencing.|
|5.||Requirements of hardware||It requires it own delivery system called as multimedia delivery system.||It provides the clickable links to increase capability.|
|6.||Information present||It is the combination of the media and content which stores the information in some form across the devices.||It is more contrasting in nature and used in non-linear data representation.|
- Computer Network | Quality of Service and Multimedia
- Difference between Tor and VPN
- Difference between USB 2.0 and USB 3.0
- Difference between CD and DVD
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- Difference between LAN and MAN
- Difference between OOP and POP
- Difference between LAN, MAN and WAN
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Difference between 1G and 2G
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between CRT and LCD
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between CPU and GPU
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.