1. Dropbox :
Dropbox is a file hosting service provided by the American company Dropbox Incorporation. It offers cloud storage, file synchronization, personal cloud and client software. It was founded in 2007. Dropbox was developed by two MIT students Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi. It offers only 2 GB free storage space. It is one of the earliest cloud storage services.
2. Zetta :
Zetta is a file synchronization service and cloud based backup storage service which is provided by Zetta Incorporation. It was developed by Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli and Jason Harrison. It is majorly used in small and medium sized businesses and enterprises. It does not provide freeware version. It is majorly used for storing professional data and not personal data. It was launched in 2008.
Difference between Dropbox and Zetta :
|It is owned by Dropbox Incorporation.||It is owned by Zetta Incorporation.|
|It was launched in 2007.||It was launched in 2008.|
|It offers 2 GB free storage space.||It does not offer freeware service.|
|It was developed by Drew Houston and Arash Ferdowsi.||It was developed by Jeff Whitehead, Lou Montulli and Jason Harrison.|
|It is a file hosting and file synchronization service.||It is a file synchronization service.|
|It provides cloud storage service.||It provides cloud based backup service.|
|It is used by individuals, small and larger enterprises.||It is used by small and medium sized enterprises.|
|It provides LAN synchronization.||It also provides LAN synchronization.|
|It provides storage service for personal data.||It does not provide service for personal data and is used for professional work only.|
|It supports file versioning.||It does not support file versioning.|
|It has freeware version.||It does not have freeware version.|
|It is supported by Windows, OS X, Linux, iOS, Android and Blackberry.||It is supported by Windows, OS X and Linux.|
|It uses block-syncing to update changes quickly.||It does not use block-syncing to update changes quickly.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Zetta
- Difference between Box and Zetta
- Difference between Yandex Disk and Zetta
- Difference between Zetta and ZumoDrive
- Difference between BorgBase and Zetta
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Zetta
- Difference between Amazon S3 and Zetta
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Zetta
- Difference between CloudMe and Zetta
- Difference between Tencent Weiyun and Zetta
- Difference between SugarSync and Zetta
- Difference between SecureSafe and Zetta
- Difference between OneDrive and Zetta
- Difference between Google Drive and Zetta
- Difference between Zetta and Ubuntu One
- Difference between Zetta and pCloud
- Difference between Zetta and RapidShare
- Difference between Zetta and ShareFile
- Difference between Wuala and Zetta
- Difference between Wasabi and Zetta
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.