C language is a middle programming language that was developed at Bell research lab in 1972 by Dennis Ritchie. C language combines the properties of low level and high-level language. therefore its thought-about a middle programming Language. C may be a high-level classical kind programming language that permits you to develop computer code and moveable applications. There are 32 total keywords used in the C language. It’s a perfect language for developing computer code systems.
C# is a object-oriented programming language, is pronounced as C-Sharp. This language was developed to compete with Java, by Microsoft under the leadership of Anders Heijlberg and his team. There are 86 total keywords used in the C# language. In c#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.
Difference between C and C# :
|1.||C language supports procedural programming.||Whereas C# supports object oriented programming.|
|2.||C language supports pointers.||Whereas in C#, pointers are used only in unsafe mode.|
|3.||In C language, garbage collection is not.||While in C#, garbage collection is managed by Common Language Runtime (CLR).|
|4.||C language can be executed cross-platform.||Whereas .NET Framework is required to execute C# language.|
|5.||By using C language we can achieve low level of abstraction.||Whereas by using the C# we can achieve a high degree of abstraction.|
|6.||C language is more on functions.||While C# is more on design.|
|7.||C language gives top notch performance.||While C# gives standard performance.|
|8.||There are 32 total keywords used in the C language.||While a total of 86 keywords are used in C#.|
|9.||C language is mainly used in commercial industries and engineering.||Whereas C# is used for software formation and other networking related objective.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference and Similarities between PHP and C
- Difference between Stop and Wait protocol and Sliding Window protocol
- Similarities and Difference between Java and C++
- Difference between Yaacomo and and XAP
- Difference between VoIP and and POTS
- Difference Between malloc() and calloc() with Examples
- What is the difference between single quoted and double quoted declaration of char array?
- Difference between "int main()" and "int main(void)" in C/C++?
- Difference between ++*p, *p++ and *++p
- Difference between pointer and array in C?
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference between User Level thread and Kernel Level thread
- What’s difference between The Internet and The Web ?
- Difference between Priority Inversion and Priority Inheritance
- What’s difference between Linux and Android ?
- What’s difference between header files "stdio.h" and "stdlib.h" ?
- Difference between HTML and HTTP
- Difference between http:// and https://
- What's difference between MMU and MPU?
- What's difference between Microcontroller (µC) and Microprocessor (µP)?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.