1. Amazon S3 :
Amazon S3 stands for Amazon Simple Storage Service. It is a cloud storage service which is provided by Amazon Web Services. It provides object storage through a web service interface. It allows to store any type of objects like data lakes for analytics, data archives, backup and recovery, disaster recovery, hybrid cloud storage and internet applications. It was launched by AWS in 2006.
2. Box :
Box is a cloud storage and file hosting service provided by Box Incorporation. It was developed by Aaron Levie and Dylan Smith. It is basically a cloud content management and file sharing service for business. It offers 10 GB storage space. It was launched by Box Incorporation in 2005. It is available for Windows, macOS and other platforms.
Difference between Amazon S3 and Box :
|It is owned by Amazon.||It is owned by Box Incorporation.|
|It was launched in 2006.||It was launched in 2005.|
|It was developed by Amazon Web Services (AWS).||It was developed by Aaron Levie and Dylan Smith.|
|It does not offer free storage space.||It offers 10 GB free storage space.|
|It has the unlimited maximum storage size.||Maximum storage size is 100 GB for personal accounts and unlimited for business accounts.|
|It supports file versioning.||It supports file versioning in premium accounts only|
|It does not support remote uploading.||It supports remote uploading of 30 MB per file via IFTTT.|
|Maximum file size in Amazon S3 is 5 GB.||Here maximum file is 250 MB for free, 5 GB for paid personal, 5 GB for business and enterprise accounts.|
|It requires credit-card details for free trial.||It does not require credit-card detail for free services.|
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Differences between Black Box Testing vs White Box Testing
- Difference between Amazon Drive and Box
- Difference between Box and HCL Connections
- Difference between Box and Tencent Weiyun
- Difference between Box and Zetta
- Difference between OneDrive and Box
- Difference between iCloud and Box
- Difference between Dropbox and Box
- Difference between Backblaze B2 and Box
- Difference between Baidu Cloud and Box
- Difference between Google Drive and Box
- Difference between Box and Jumpshare
- Difference between Box and BorgBase
- Difference between Box and MediaFire
- Difference between Box and Mega
- Difference between Box and SugarSync
- Difference between Box and SecureSafe
- Difference between Box and TitanFile
- Difference between Box and Wasabi
- Difference between Box and Yandex Disk
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.