4G is a mobile phone network technology, and like its predecessor 3G, it can be used for downloading data and accessing internet, but the difference is that it’s a lot faster than 3G.
5G is the fifth generation of wireless network technology.It is built on what’s called millimeter waves, a section of very high frequency spectrum upwards of 20 GHz all the way up to 96 GHz.
Difference between 4G and 5G:
|S No.||4G technology||5G technology|
|1.||It stands for Fourth Generation technology||It stands for Fifth Generation technology|
|2.||The maximum upload rate of 4G technology is 500 Mbps||While the maximum upload rate of 5G technology is 1.25 Gbps|
|3.||The maximum download rate of 4G technology is 1 Gbps||While the maximum download rate of 5G technology is 2.5 Gbps.|
|4.||The latency of 4G technology is about 50 ms||While the latency of 5G technology is about 1 ms|
|5.||4G offers CDMA||While 5G offers OFDM, BDMA|
|6.||4G can’t differentiate between fixed and mobile devices||While 5G has the capability to differentiate between fixed and mobile devices. It uses cognitive radio techniques to identify each device and offer the most appropriate delivery channel.|
|7.||4G has the advantages of high speed handoffs, global mobility||While 5G has the advantages of extremely high speeds, low latency|
|8.||4G can be used for high speed applications, mobile TV, wearable devices||While 5G can be used for high resolution video streaming, remote control of vehicles, robots and medical procedures|
|9.||It is slow and less efficient in comparison of 5G||It is fast and more efficient than 4G|
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Difference between SQL and T-SQL
- Difference between JSP and ASP
- Difference between 4NF and 5NF
- What is the difference between GUI and CUI?
- Difference between PNG and GIF
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Difference between SSH and SSL
- Difference between MP4 and MP3
- Difference between LED and LCD
- Difference Between Gi-Fi and Li-Fi
- Difference between C and C#
- Difference between DFD and ERD
- Difference between CD-R and CD-RW
- Difference between DML and TCL
- Difference between DTE and DCE
- Difference between ADO and ADO.NET
- Difference between WCF and Web API
- Difference between URL and URI
- Difference between C and C++
- Difference between ZIP and RAR
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : pp_pankaj