The Six Digit Hex Color is very much popular to define colors in CSS because of the variation of multiple colors is available in the 6 digit hex colors codes. There are Six characters followed by a hash(#) like #RRGGBB. The developer used the hex color codes it is hard enough to remember those to compare with color names like blue, green, cyan, brown, etc because color codes contain so many shades of a single color. By using the hex color codes you have a wide-open field to choose your preferable color for your app or site wherever you want to use them. By color’s name, there are 147 names that you can use but by using hex color code you can get 16 million colors that are the main reason behind the using of hex color codes.
Note: Here those 6 character define RGB color which is Red, Green and Blue.
- CSS | 4 Digit Hex Color
- CSS | 3 Digit Hex Color
- CSS | 8 Digit Hex Color
- How to change an element color based on value of the color picker value using onclick?
- How to get hex color value of RGB value ?
- p5.js | color() Function
- D3.js | color.opacity
- D3.js | d3.color() Function
- How to set the SVG background color ?
- D3.js | color.rgb() Function
- D3.js | color.toString() Function
- D3.js | color.displayable() Function
- CSS | outline-color Property
- How to change color of PNG image using CSS?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.