The Radar Sweep are used for displays of single level sweeps of radar data, and their display appears in the Main Display window. With the help of arcade module of Python, it is possible to perform a radar sweep animation. Before starting, it is highly recommended to revise concepts of arcade library.
To perform a radar sweep animation, follow the below steps:-
Step 1: Import arcade as well math module in you respective Ide.
import arcade import math
Step 2: Specify the parameters for the output window.
# Set up the constants WIDTH = 800 _HEIGHT = 600 TITLE = "Radar Sweep"
Step 3: These constants control the particulars about the radar.
CENTER_X = SCREEN_WIDTH // 2 CENTER_Y = SCREEN_HEIGHT // 2 RADIANS_PER_FRAME = 0.02 SWEEP_LENGTH = 250
Step 4: Define a on_draw function, under which move the angle of the sweep and calculate the end point of our radar sweep, using math . Lastly draw the outline of the radar.
def on_draw(_delta_time): # Move the angle of the sweep. on_draw.angle += RADIANS_PER_FRAME # Calculate the end point of our radar sweep. x = SWEEP_LENGTH * math.sin(on_draw.angle) + CENTER_X y = SWEEP_LENGTH * math.cos(on_draw.angle) + CENTER_Y # Start the render. arcade.start_render() # Draw the radar line arcade.draw_line(CENTER_X, CENTER_Y, x, y, arcade.color.OLIVE, 4) # Draw the outline of the radar arcade.draw_circle_outline(CENTER_X, CENTER_Y, SWEEP_LENGTH, arcade.color.DARK_GREEN, 10) # This is a function-specific variable i.e # we need to give them initial # values. on_draw.angle = 0
Step 5: Define main function.
def main(): # Open up our window arcade.open_window(SCREEN_WIDTH, SCREEN_HEIGHT, SCREEN_TITLE) arcade.set_background_color(arcade.color.BLACK) # Tell the computer to call the draw command at # the specified interval. arcade.schedule(on_draw, 1 / 80) # Run the program arcade.run() # close the window. arcade.close_window() main()
The radar sweep will looks like this –
Complete source code:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Plotting Radar charts in excel sheet using XlsxWriter module
- Radar chart in pygal
- MoviePy – Creating Animation Using Matplotlib
- Draw a happy face using Arcade Library in Python
- Draw a sun using arcade library Python
- How to make a box with the help of nested loops using Python arcade?
- Draw an ellipse using Arcade library in Python
- Draw a triangle using Arcade in Python
- Draw an arc using Arcade in Python
- Draw a tree using arcade library in Python
- Display Snowfall using arcade library in Python
- How to animate an object using Arcade module?
- Making an object jump with gravity using arcade module in Python3
- Draw a parabola using Arcade in Python3
- Draw a circle using Arcade in Python3
- How to show a timer on screen using arcade in Python3?
- Establishing an Arcade window in Python
- Difference between Pygame VS Arcade Libaray in Python
- Arcade Library in Python
- Arcade inbuilt functions to draw point(s) in Python3
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.