Create your own universal function in NumPy
Universal functions in Numpy are simple mathematical functions. It is just a term that we gave to mathematical functions in the Numpy library. Numpy provides various universal functions that cover a wide variety of operations. However, we can create our own universal function in Python. To create your own universal function in NumPy, we have to apply some steps given below:
- Define the function as usually using the def keyword.
- Add this function to numpy library using frompyfunc() method.
- Use this function using numpy.
This function allows to create an arbitrary Python function as Numpy ufunc (universal function). This method takes the following arguments :
- function – the name of the function that you create.
- inputs – the number of input arguments (arrays) that function takes.
- outputs – the number of output (arrays) that function produces.
Note: For more information, refer to numpy.frompyfunc() in Python.
- Create function with name fxn that takes one value and also return one value.
- The inputs are array elements one by one.
- The outputs are modified array elements using some logic.
arr : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 mod_arr : 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1 0
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...