Heap sort is a comparison based sorting technique based on Binary Heap data structure. It is similar to selection sort where we first find the maximum element and place the maximum element at the end. We repeat the same process for remaining element.
Sorted array is 5 6 7 11 12 13
Please refer complete article on Heap Sort for more details!
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Heap Sort for decreasing order using min heap
- Convert min Heap to max Heap
- Java Program for Heap Sort
- Python Program for Heap Sort
- Comparison among Bubble Sort, Selection Sort and Insertion Sort
- Where is Heap Sort used practically?
- Python Code for time Complexity plot of Heap Sort
- Lexicographical ordering using Heap Sort
- Sorting algorithm visualization : Heap Sort
- Program to sort an array of strings using Selection Sort
- C/C++ Program for Odd-Even Sort / Brick Sort
- Java Program for Odd-Even Sort / Brick Sort
- Why Quick Sort preferred for Arrays and Merge Sort for Linked Lists?
- Odd-Even Sort / Brick Sort
- Bucket Sort To Sort an Array with Negative Numbers
- Sort all even numbers in ascending order and then sort all odd numbers in descending order
- Serial Sort v/s Parallel Sort in Java
- Insertion sort to sort even and odd positioned elements in different orders
- Quick Sort vs Merge Sort
- Odd Even Transposition Sort / Brick Sort using pthreads