Given a large integer as a string str, the task is find the number of matchsticks required to represent it.
Input: str = “56”
5 sticks are required to represent 5 and
6 sticks are required to represent 6.
Input: str = “548712458645878”
Approach: Store the count of match sticks required to represent every digit from 0 to 9 in an array sticks. Now traverse the given string digit by digit and add the count of sticks required for the current digit.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(n)
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Sort the strings based on the numbers of matchsticks required to represent them
- Count of sticks required to represent the given string
- Minimum number of given powers of 2 required to represent a number
- Count of integers up to N which represent a Binary number
- Count of ways to represent N as sum of a prime number and twice of a square
- Count the number of operations required to reduce the given number
- Minimum count of numbers required ending with 7 to sum as a given number
- Count the number of carry operations required to add two numbers
- Number of distinct ways to represent a number as sum of K unique primes
- 21 Matchsticks Problem
- Represent the given number as the sum of two composite numbers
- Represent a number as sum of minimum possible psuedobinary numbers
- Maximum number of distinct positive integers that can be used to represent N
- Count operations of the given type required to reduce N to 0
- Count of lines required to write the given String
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.