Given a range [L, R], the task is to count the numbers which have even number of odd digits and odd number of even digits. For example,
- 8 has 1 even digit and 0 odd digit – Satisfies the condition since 1 is odd and 0 is even.
- 545 has 1 even digit and 2 odd digits – Satisfies the condition since 1 is odd and 2 is even.
- 4834 has 3 even digits and 1 odd digit – Does not satisfy the condition since there are odd numbers(i.e 1) of odd digits.
Input: L = 1, R = 9
2, 4, 6 and 8 are the only integers from the
given range that satisfy the given conditions.
Input: L = 1, R = 19
Input: L = 123, R = 984
- Case 1
There is a pattern in which these numbers occur between and (where 1<=k<=18).
Number of occurrences from
- 1 – 10 and 1 – 100 are 4
- 1 – 1000 and 1 – 10000 are 454
- 1 – 10000 and 1 – 100000 are 45454
and so on…
- Case 2
- If the number of digits in a number is even then it cannot satisfy the given condition because we need an odd number(of digits) and an even number(of digits) to satisfy our condition and odd number + even number is always odd
- So if the number of digits for a given number(say n) is even then its number of occurrences from 1 is equal to the number of occurrences from to largest (1<=k<=18) which is less than n
Let n = 19, number of digits in 19 are 2
Therefore number of occurrences from 1 – 19 = number of occurrences from 1 – 10 (since 10 the largest less than 19)
- Case 3
If number of digits for a given number(say n) are odd then number of occurrences between and n is equal to
where is the largest less than n.
Implementation: Now we now how to calculate the number of occurrences from 1 to given n. Therefore,
Number of occurrences from L to R = NumberOfOccurrencesUpto(R) – NumberOfOccurrencesUpto(L – 1) where L is not equal to 1.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Time Complexity: O(logn)
- Count of numbers between range having only non-zero digits whose sum of digits is N and number is divisible by M
- Count of Numbers in Range where the number does not contain more than K non zero digits
- Count numbers in given range such that sum of even digits is greater than sum of odd digits
- Number of n-digits non-decreasing integers
- Find the number of integers from 1 to n which contains digits 0's and 1's only
- Find count of digits in a number that divide the number
- Count number of digits after decimal on dividing a number
- Find the number in a range having maximum product of the digits
- Check whether product of digits at even places is divisible by sum of digits at odd place of a number
- Maximize the given number by replacing a segment of digits with the alternate digits given
- Count of integers of length N and value less than K such that they contain digits only from the given set
- Find the Largest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find smallest number with given number of digits and sum of digits
- Find the average of k digits from the beginning and l digits from the end of the given number
- Minimum number of digits to be removed so that no two consecutive digits are same
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.