We have a circle centered at origin (0, 0). As input we are given with starting angle of the circle sector and the size of the circle sector in percentage.
Input : Radius = 8 StartAngle = 0 Percentage = 12 x = 3 y = 4 Output : Point (3, 4) exists in the circle sector Input : Radius = 12 Startangle = 45 Percentage = 25 x = 3 y = 4 Output : Point (3, 4) does not exist in the circle sector
In this image starting angle is 0 degree, radius r and suppose that percentage of colored area is 12% then we calculate Ending Angle as 360/percentage + starting angle.
To find whether a point (x, y) exists in a circle sector (centered at origin) or not we find polar coordinates of that point and then go through the following steps:
- Convert x, y to polar coordinates using this
Angle = atan(y/x); Radius = sqrt(x * x + y * y);
- Then Angle must be between StartingAngle and EndingAngle, and Radius between 0 and your Radius.
Point(3, 4) exists in the circle sector
Time complexity = O(1)
This article is contributed by Niteesh kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Check if a circle lies inside another circle or not
- Shortest distance between a point and a circle
- Neighbors of a point on a circle using Bresenham's algorithm
- Find minimum radius such that atleast k point lie inside the circle
- Check if a line touches or intersects a circle
- Check whether it is possible to join two points given on circle such that distance between them is k
- Queries to check if it is possible to join boxes in a circle
- Check whether given circle resides in boundary maintained by two other circles
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the parabola
- Check if a point is inside, outside or on the ellipse
- Check whether the point (x, y) lies on a given line
- Area of a Circular Sector
- Check whether a point lies inside a sphere or not
- Check whether a given point lies on or inside the rectangle | Set 3
- How to check if a given point lies inside or outside a polygon?
Improved By : Smitha Dinesh Semwal