Given a binary string of length at-least two. We need to check if it is possible to rearrange a binary string such that there alternate 0’s and 1’s. If possible then output is YES, otherwise output is NO.
Input : 1011
Output : NO
We can’t rearrange the string such that it has alternate 0s and 1s.
Input : 1100
Output : YES
There are exactly two ways to rearrange the string, and they are 0101 or 1010 .
We can place all 0’s in even position and all 1’s in odd position or we can place all 0’s in odd position and all 1’s in even position. If the length of the string is even then to satisfy the given condition the count of 1’s and 0’s must be equal. If the length of the string is odd then to satisfy the given condition the absolute difference of count
of 1’s and 0’s must be one.
Below is the implementation of above approach:
Time Complexity: O(l), where l is length of the binary string.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Rearrange a binary string as alternate x and y occurrences
- Number of flips to make binary string alternate | Set 1
- Minimum number of characters to be removed to make a binary string alternate
- Check if binary representations of 0 to N are present as substrings in given binary string
- Python | Check if a given string is binary string or not
- Check if given Binary string follows then given condition or not
- Check if a binary string contains consecutive same or not
- Check if all the 1's in a binary string are equidistant or not
- Check divisibility of binary string by 2^k
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 1 (General approach)
- Check if a binary string has two consecutive occurrences of one everywhere
- Check if a binary string contains all permutations of length k
- Check if an encoding represents a unique binary string
- Check if a binary string has a 0 between 1s or not | Set 2 (Regular Expression Approach)
- Check whether the binary equivalent of a number ends with given string or not
- Rearrange given string to maximize the occurrence of string t
- Check whether a binary string can be formed by concatenating given N numbers sequentially
- Rearrange a string according to the given indices
- Rearrange characters in a string such that no two adjacent are same
- Rearrange a string so that all same characters become d distance away
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.