Given a string ‘s’, the task is to check whether the string has both prefix and suffix substrings of length greater than 1 which are palindromes.
Print ‘YES’ if the above condition is satisfied or ‘NO’ otherwise.
Input : s = abartbb Output : YES Explanation : The string has prefix substring 'aba' and suffix substring 'bb' which are both palindromes, so the output is 'YES'. Input : s = abcc Output : NO Explanation : The string has no prefix substring which is palindrome, it only has a suffix substring 'cc' which is a palindrome. So the output is 'NO'.
- First, check all the prefix substrings of length > 1 to find if there’s any which is a palindrome.
- Check all the suffix substrings as well.
- If both the conditions are true, then the output is ‘YES’.
- Otherwise, the output is ‘NO’.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Longest palindromic string formed by concatenation of prefix and suffix of a string
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string
- Find the longest sub-string which is prefix, suffix and also present inside the string | Set 2
- Print the longest prefix of the given string which is also the suffix of the same string
- String from prefix and suffix of given two strings
- Longest Palindrome in a String formed by concatenating its prefix and suffix
- Find index i such that prefix of S1 and suffix of S2 till i form a palindrome when concatenated
- Longest prefix which is also suffix
- Count maximum-length palindromes in a String
- Count special palindromes in a String
- Split a string in equal parts such that all parts are palindromes
- Count of ways to split given string into two non-empty palindromes
- Check if a string is suffix of another
- Program to print all palindromes in a given range
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 1
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 2
- Sub-strings of a string that are prefix of the same string
- Longest string in an array which matches with prefix of the given string
- Longest string which is prefix string of at least two strings
- Minimize length of prefix of string S containing all characters of another string T
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.