The attributes that smart package engineers ought to posses are as follows:
- Exposure to systematic techniques, i.e., familiarity with package engineering principles.
- Smart technical data of the project areas (Domain knowledge).
- Smart programming talents.
- Smart communication skills. These skills comprise of oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation.
- Sound data of fundamentals of applied science.
- Ability to figure in a very team.
- Discipline, etc.
Studies show that these attributes vary the maximum amount as 1:30 for poor and bright candidates. associate degree experiment conducted by Sackman  shows that the quantitative relation of secret writing hours for the worst to the simplest programmers is 25:1, and also the quantitative relation of debugging hours is 28:1. Also, the power of a computer user to attain the planning of the package from a haul description varies greatly with relation to the parameters of quality and time.
Technical data within the space of the project (domain knowledge) is a vital issue decisive the productivity of a private for a selected project, and also the quality of the merchandise that he develops. A software engineer having intensive data of info application (e.g. MIS) could end up to be a poor electronic communication engineer. Lack of familiarity with the applying areas may end up in low productivity and poor quality of the merchandise.
Since package development may be a cluster activity, it’s very important for a computer user to possess 3 main types of communication skills: Oral, Written, and social. A computer user not solely must effectively communicate along with his teammates (e.g. reviews, walkthroughs, and alternative team communications) however might also need to communicate with the client to assemble product necessities. Poor social skills hamper these very important activities and sometimes show up as the poor quality of the merchandise and low productivity. package engineers also are needed sometimes to form displays to the managers and to the shoppers. this needs a special reasonably communication ability (oral communication skill). A computer user is additionally expected to document his work (design, code, test, etc.) still as writing the users’ manual, coaching manual, installation manual, maintenance manual, etc. this needs smartly written language ability.
The motivation level of package engineers is another crucial issue contributive to his work quality and productivity. albeit no systematic studies are according during this regard, it’s usually united that even bright engineers could end up to be poor performers once they have lack motivation. a mean engineer UN agency will work with one mind track will surmount alternative engineers, higher incentives and higher operating conditions have solely restricted have an effect on their motivation levels. Motivation is to a good extent determined by personal traits, family and social backgrounds, etc.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of good Software
- Software Engineering | Quality Characteristics of a good SRS
- Characteristics of Good Object Oriented Design
- Software Engineering | Software Characteristics
- Software Engineering | Characteristics of CASE Tools
- Characteristics of data in geographical information system (GIS)
- Characteristics of Virtualization
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Difference between Good Design and Bad Design in Software Engineering
- Basic Principles of Good Software Engineering approach
- Coding good - Important criterias
- How to write a good SRS for your Project
- How to be a Good Programmer in College ?
- How do I become a good Java programmer?
- How can one become good at Data structures and Algorithms easily?
- Requirements and feature of Good Prototyping CASE tool
- What Makes You a Good Programmer?
- Yardi software India pvt ltd | Off Campus Drive for Software Engineer Trainee
- Is There Any Difference Between Software Developer And Software Engineer?
- Oracle Interview Experience | On Campus for Application engineer/Server Technology Engineer
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.